Superior Access Scaffolding Ltd’s Scaffolding Project at Sandhurst Primary School
Superior Access Scaffolding Ltd recently completed a significant scaffolding project at Sandhurst Primary School, demonstrating their expertise in providing complex scaffolding solutions. The scaffold, skillfully erected by our NASC-certified scaffolders, was explicitly designed for safe and efficient roof works, particularly for flue replacement.
Scaffold Project Details:
- Location: 77 Minard Rd, Lewisham, London SE6
- Structural Design: The scaffold consisted of a handrail to a flat roof and a roof saddle around the chimney stack, measuring 16 meters in length, 4 meters in height, and 1.2 meters in width. It included one boarded lift, two lifts, and a ladder, emphasising safety and precision.
- Method of Tying: Utilising Hilti’s method of tying ensured the scaffold’s robustness and stability, a critical factor for the safety of the school environment.
- Compliance and Safety: Adherence to the Work at Height Regulations 2005 was paramount, with all ties tested and the scaffold designed to accommodate additional loads such as sheeting/debris netting.
Safety and User Responsibilities:
- NASC Certified Professionals: Only NASC-certified scaffolders were employed, ensuring the scaffold met specific qualifications.
- Customisation and Inspection: The scaffold was custom-built to meet the school’s specific requirements and specifications, with regular inspections before handover.
- Statutory Inspections: Ongoing statutory inspections aligned with the WAHR ensured continuous compliance and safety.
- Load Management and Warning Signs: Instructions for maximum loading and suitable warning signs for any incomplete or unsafe scaffolds were provided.
- Report and Record Keeping: A system for reporting scaffold material damage was established, along with maintaining records at the site and the office for three months.
- The scaffold was explicitly designed for roof works at Sandhurst Primary School, reflecting Superior Access Scaffolding Ltd’s ability to cater to the unique requirements of educational environments.
Local Impact and Expertise:
- Situated at a primary school in London, this project required an additional focus on safety and precision. Expertly managed by Superior Access Scaffolding Ltd, this project showcased our capability to handle sensitive and intricate scaffolding needs.
This project at Sandhurst Primary School serves the school’s specific needs. It exemplifies Superior Access Scaffolding Ltd’s high standards for scaffolding projects in educational settings, highlighting our expertise and unwavering commitment to safety and quality.
DUTIES OF ERECTOR.
All operatives were deemed competent as defined by C.I.S.R.S / NVQ Qualification.
INSPECTION OF SCAFFOLD.
When completed, scaffolds are left in a condition suitable to perform the duty for which they are intended. The scaffold was inspected by a competent person representing SAS Ltd. When found appropriate, a Hand Over Certificate was issued.
COVID-19 RISK CONSIDERATIONS.
At this current time, we are experiencing unprecedented circumstances. The Covid – 19 pandemics meant contractors must adhere to Government guidelines on social distancing while in the workplace.
Personal Protective Equipment.
- Wearing gloves should be considered an absolute minimum.
- Where RPE is prescribed, the user was face fit tested.
- Re-useable PPE was thoroughly cleaned after use and not shared with other operatives.
- Single-use PPE was disposed of at the end of each shift.